Sunday, 28 September 2014

The Intermission

The previous articles described the work I did from April 2013 to the end of August 2013. At this stage, I had the balloon basically prepared. So for the first couple of weeks of September, I waited only for the right wind conditions. But with the autumn approaching, they never came. After that, I went away for a month and left all the thoughts concerning the flight behind.
Another impulse to finish the job didn't come until the summer of 2014 approaching. The main news being my decision to replace the HTC sending an SMS tracking system with a transmitter sending GPS coordinates throughout the whole flight. That began roughly a three month period of studying, googling, building and testing. All of that leading to the launch in September 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment